1997 was the year the Fine Home Craftsmen concept came into being. Since then, the team at Fine Home Craftsmen has completed home improvement projects for more than 1,500 satisfied clients.
Our owner, Don Rothermel, is a custom homebuilder and master carpenter who can transform your living space, whether you want a few simple updates or a complete, “down to the studs” renovation.
We offer a wide range of custom remodeling and home improvement services, including:
- Kitchen remodeling
- Bathroom remodeling
- Whole-house remodeling
- Custom carpentry and woodworking
- General home improvement, such as home repairs, flooring, and paint
- Patio covers
- Room additions and/or conversions
Custom Renovations and Personalized Service
Whether your project is large or small, you’ll find good old fashioned service is at the heart of everything we do:
- Design and Remodel. Save yourself the cost of an architect. We provide complete (creative!) design services.
- Recrafting. Your existing cabinets and countertops may still have life in them yet. Ask us about our ideas to make beautiful pieces out of what you already have.
- Personal shopping. Not sure what you want? Trying to find just the right fixtures? Our owner, Don Rothermel, will go shopping with you and help you find items that fit your unique vision.
- Hands-on service. Don will be on-site often to oversee your project and answer any questions you may have.
- An experienced, high-quality team. Our project managers have been with us since the early 2000s, and we have strong, long-standing relationships with high-quality subcontractors in the area.
- A “no-surprises” quote. We begin every home improvement project with an estimate that includes all labor and materials — so there are no hidden extras and no surprises. That’s our promise to you.
- A truly custom experience. At Fine Home Craftsmen, we custom craft your cabinetry to create pieces that are truly one of a kind. No prefabricated cabinets (unless, of course, that’s what you want.)
- Custom homebuilding and consulting. Don has more than 20 years of experience as a custom homebuilder in Anchorage and Palmer, Alaska. He can design and build a custom home for you, or he can provide consulting services for clients interested in building their own homes.
We Don’t Ask About Your Budget
Many home improvement/remodeling companies begin consultations with one question:
“What’s your budget?”
At Fine Home Craftsmen, we take a slightly different approach. Instead of asking how much you want to spend, we start our consultations by asking what improvements you want to make to your home – and then we give you a realistic estimate of what we think those improvements will cost.
From there, we will work with you to make sure you spend exactly what you want to spend on your project.